Here are key happenings for our portfolio and South Central Ventures’ team from last week.
- Recap with the insights from the keynote speakers of the event Ladies in the new business focused on women in tech companies is in. Lara Borenovic, TradeCore’s Sales Executive, who spoke about the differences in perception of women and men in the fintech businesses said that being a successful salesperson regardless of being a man or a woman is hard in this world filled with fierce competition. In addition, she shared a piece of advice for everyone in sales:
“If you want to build a relationship with a client that will reflect customer satisfaction and a positive word of mouth than you should always have in mind, that their interests are more important than yours so you should always think of their pains that they have to solve to be able to offer them the real added value.”
Read more on working in tech from experienced women in key positions in this article by Netokracija (the article is in the Serbian language). Our portfolio company TradeCore was also the main supporter of the event.
- Uhura Solutions won the 3rd place in the Future of AI Startup competition in Berlin, connecting leaders in AI, big data, business & technology.
- Hunch was named one of the coolest startups in the Balkans.
- Agremo’s partnership with Farm Flight was mentioned in Medium article Tech Companies Are Leading The Future of Agriculture by The Green Light.
- Videobolt has started a blog on easy solutions to transform your work into great videos without prior production knowledge. Also, check out their new Christmas templates for inspiration for your company’s Christmas card.
- AdScanner is revealing how AdScanner and ODALINE, new data + content service company, are aligned.
- South Central Venture was part of the jury on Get in the Ring Split 2019 Startup competition. Read more about the impressions of the current Croatian startup scene here.